Hi Treasure Friends,
An important news last week came from the Fed Chair speech at the IMF where he opened the door for more interest rate hike as he mentioned the job against inflation wasn't done.
In One Picture
How are Fixed Income markets performing this year? Our Head of Quant Investment provides you the answer in one picture.
What the Treasure Team is reading
- World Economy: With low shipping price due to low demand Maersk cuts 10,000 jobs as shipping demand falls
- World Economy: One country is not experiencing price pressure China’s Prices Fall Again, Renewing Fears of Deflation
- Economy: Less credit means less potential growth US Banks Clamp Down On Credit Amid Weaker Demand
- Economy: Why the housing market is still so robust? Inventory will Tell the Tale
- Finance: The largest financial institutions are benefiting from the high interest rates, at the expense of smaller rivals Top four US banks grab a growing share of industry’s profits
- Finance: If you build it they will come... Las Vegas Sphere reports $98.4 million loss; CFO quits
- Finance: A sign of time Taylor Swift may hand out bigger bonuses than many banks this year
- Fintech: A look into one of the most successful instant payment system Pix: Brazil’s Successful Instant Payment System
From the Treasure chest...
NFTs will make you blind: Several people have reported experiencing eye pain, vision problems, and sunburnt skin on Sunday after attending ApeFest, a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection event in Hong Kong that ran from November 3rd-5th. Some ApeFest attendees posted on X (formerly Twitter) after seeking medical attention, with one person reporting that they had been diagnosed with Photokeratitis — aka, “welder’s eye,” a condition caused by unprotected exposure to ultraviolet radiation — and another saying the issue was a result of UV from the stage lights, leading to speculation that the injuries were caused by improper lighting used at the event.
Have a great week!
The Treasure Team
📥 Interested in receiving our curated headlines directly to your inbox every Monday? Don't miss out – subscribe to our newsletter: http://bit.ly/treasure-newsletter